Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Getting Close!!

Can't believe it's getting closer....SCHOOL! I'll be readier than ever now that my classroom has been thoroughly clutter busted. Well, I'll be in for awhile on Friday to put on some finishing touches. Will be ready for 19...or 18??...8th graders and 24 (!!) 7th graders. The room will be
crowded with more middle school bodies...at least not like sardines in a can yet!

Have started thinking about what I'll have the kids do that first important day....community building, setting the tone for what kind of year THEY would like to have and how THEY can achieve that. We'll have plenty of time to hit the books, study, work, etc. Those first few days
are really important for establishing the most important things about being an 8th grader.

Well, I'll be ready! It's my 15th year at St. John's (Holy Cow!) and my 34th in Catholic education (Holy Herd!!). But, I wouldn't be doing anything else!! :-) SJB is my home away from home.

Ok, time for a nap....

No comments:

Post a Comment